Many major business organisations are opting for desktop sharing these days. Ever wondered what the fuss was all about? After all, it is just a centralised data storage facility, right? Well, not quite. In fact, hosted desktops provide several useful services all bundled into one package to give your business just the edge it needs to succeed over competitors. Here are the most noteworthy advantages you will gain by opting for a hosted desktop service:
1. Centralised data storage: The data storage in a central location allows you, your employees and clients to access stored data from almost anywhere in the world, via a password protected interface. Data is secured not only by password protection, but also by encrypting any sort of data transfer to and from the server.
2. Data security: Your clients’ sensitive data forms the backbone of your business. Any sort of tampering with that can prove to be irreparably damaging to your reputation. Fortunately, every hosted desktop service provider incorporates data security in its list of services. Antivirus software is always installed on the servers and kept updated. Some good firewall is always there, to prevent entry of worms and Trojans. Finally, the strong data encryption provides significant protection from hacking attempts.
3. E-mail hosting services: Most good desktop hosting services also bundle e-mail hosting services with data storage. Not only that, for a fee you can even get e-mail hosted on Microsoft Exchange platform. This provides unmatched security to all your sensitive e-mails, and also provides a means of accessing those from anywhere, any time of the day.
4. Prescheduled backup: Your data is always backed up at regular intervals by the service provider. So, in case of an unforeseen calamity, you can rest assured that your data will remain safe. This works even better if your provider is located in another country.
5. Technical support: Any good desktop hosting provider will also bundle IT support services with the plan. In case you or any of your clients have some problem accessing any data or e-mail, you will have someone troubleshoot it and have it fixed. All you have to do is to call their support desk and explain the problem to them.
6. Scalable storage: Are you expanding your business with new clients and more employees? Not a problem at all. Simply call up your service provider and let them know about it. Your data storage space on the server will be expanded to accommodate the extra load. All you have to do is pay a small fee for the service.
7. Cost effective storage: Hosted desktops provide good value for money, no matter how much space you need. You also get to save big on maintenance and support.
All these advantages make hosted desktop services a must for your ever expanding business.